Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need another motorcycle for my Aspen camper..... good 1500, cheap 1800, or a solid Valk.......preferably with trailer hitch already installed. I will fly for it!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I have a very nice GL1500SE 80,000 miles. maintanance up to date. Flushed, new brakes and tires New blts about a year ago. Black with a little extra chrome. $6500.

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have a 99 Aspencade, Red, to color coordinate with Red! with only 17,597 miles on it. I just picked it up this past week and I'm bringing it back to life as it sat for 6 plus years. Going to do the electrolysis tank cleaning(tank has minimal surface rusting upon inspection) and swap my 99 SE(totaled 2 months ago) carbs to it along with the Torquemonster loops (Bassanni) and the Hollywood longs this week and flush the brakes and clutch fluids, antifreeze, rear dif, tires(choice of my still good Vredestein, it has 12,000 miles on it, C/T on the rear or I'll put on a new M/C rear tire, I bought a new Pilot Active Rear for the front, (yes, I'm a Dbl Darksider) New brake pads along with put in new timing belts. Comes with a brand new windshield too.
It'll be a couple weeks before it's ready though.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone....appreciate the replies....

Ghost Rider: Got any larger photos?

Newday: any ballpark figure of a price?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
PM me your email address I will send you some this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Almost forgot. I am 6 miles from Central Illinois Regional airport. Can pick you up fly in ride out.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
dr green from this site has a very nice 97 model valkyrie, yellow and black, if interested. can pick you up from airport. you wouldn't be dissappointed
oh, no hitch on it yet tho

mark

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Just checking to see if you got pictures. Did not hear anything.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checking to see if you got pictures. Did not hear anything.
Got em, we're still thinking things over....can 't decide, trade the ST for an 1800, or keep the ST and buy a good 1500.....dilemma.....

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Choices Choices that is the dilemma! I've been through that these past 2 months of healing time myself!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Add to the list, I've got a 1998 with a hitch (towed a bunkhouse). The bike has almost 104,000 miles, I put on over 100,000 of them. Used as my daily driver in MN for the last 10 years. I have a new front tire and a new windshield for it. Has a few extras, not much chrome. Let me know where to send some pics if you're interested. Location is St. Paul MN, price is $5,000. The timing belts were done at 48,000 and 90,000 and the water pump was replace last fall just before it got put away for the season. Just replaced the bike with a 2013. Wasn't planning on, just happened, that's why I have the tire and windshield. They aren't even on the bike yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are still looking I have a 95 se with 106xxx miles.Let me know if you want pictures.

It has a Corbin seat,and in the last 2 summers it has had,carbs rebuilt,progressive springs and fork seals,rear progressive air shocks,front and rear tires,windshield.

I have never tried the cb or intercom but everything else works so I have no reason to believe they don't work.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Have you ever driven an 1800 CJ?

I have never till I test drove mine. I ride this bike in total amazement. I pass other 1800 on the road and look at them in awe like I always have. I am amazed at the size and aerodynamic appearance for such a large bike.......

Then I realize that I am driving a bike like that now...... I don't get that from the cockpit of this thing. It feels so sporty, nimble, quick and small when I sit on it.

Of course I wax it and the realization of the size comes back.........

Better handling, braking, greater passenger comfort (Im told), more power, easier tire change............ the list goes on.......... Can't wait to see you back out there!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I have a 1989 gl 1500 has hitch and wires for trailer 68xxxk on the clock need to sell it

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
1989 gl 1500

some more pics

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, A/C..... that thing is beautiful...... it must break your heart to sell it, it would almost break my heart to buy it from you....I'd feel like a thief.....:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Man, A/C..... that thing is beautiful...... it must break your heart to sell it, it would almost break my heart to buy it from you....I'd feel like a thief.....:sadguy:
Cousin Jack yes it would and knowing you and Red was enjoining her The pain would be short:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Yes, that is a beautiful 1500. But, CJ, I have given this some serious thought over the last several days, and I believe you would be best off buying the last bike you ever buy, that being a GL1800. From everything I have heard, they are superior bikes, and the kind of riding you and Red do would be perfect for this bike. I think you would be dissapointed in a GL1500 after riding that ST1300, but not dissapointed with the GL1800. Just my thoughts. Looking forward to riding with you with whatever bike you decide to get.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
So, how is the search going? Sometimes I think the search is the best part of the purchase.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.