Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking to buy a set of 1500 Markland Heel/Toe Floorboards. Will consider other brands too. If you have a set for sale, let me know.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

what goes BUMP in the night?

Need a set of 1500 heel/toe floorboards for a friend. Let me know if you got a set on the shelf for sale or know someone who does. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

I might have a set for ya in a week or so? Gonna replace mine boards with pegs, see how they work out. If all is good, I'll let ya know!

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Somebody BUMPED my truck door and left a ding.

btw,still needa set of 1500 heel/toe boards.:action:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

lestat210...if Iraqi Ram is not interested in them...I am. Do you have pics of the boards/shifter?

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

IRAQI RAM wrote:
Looking to buy a set of 1500 Markland Heel/Toe Floorboards.  Will consider other brands too.  If you have a set for sale, let me know.

Thanks.
Perhaps they work better on the 1500 than the 1100's I do not know but I have heard more complaints about them on the 1100 than I care to admit.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

There's enough of us looking, that one of us should fly to China and find a place to make markland knockoffs. Heck, we could even get a knockoff 1800 made there. But with one headlight andchinese Gucci seats.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

IRAQI RAM wrote:
dibs on lestats boards.:action:
You got it.....but JUST IN CASE....:waving:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

RAM,

Got the pegs in a bit ago, but haven't been able to install them until today, as I've been away on business for a while. I'll get the some pics of the boards (and associated hardware), and post them tomorrow. By the way, would you be able to tell me how the danged spring fits on the OEM pegs? Can find it anywhere!!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Lestat,
I found 2 schematics online, and they both make the footpeg springs look like they'reinstalled with the long tailon the bottom and facing outward from the bike.

Here's 2 links that show it better than I can describe it...

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-motorcycle-gl1500a-gold-wing-aspencade-1992/o/m2358

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=147300&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1992&fveh=3456

I'lllook first thing in the morning and confirm the long tail is on the bottom and facing outward on both sides.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

IRAQI RAM, I could of swore I saw a set for sale on the chicago craigs list or the indianapolis one.

Just thought you might like to know.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
IRAQI RAM, I could of swore I saw a set for sale on the chicago craigs list or the indianapolis one.

Just thought you might like to know.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:
There was a guy selling a real nice 1200 set, not 1500. He also had 1200 fender trim and a 1200 trunkbar.

If there's aguy around here selling goldwing parts, I probably know him.:action:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info IRAQIRAM. I'll be lookin trying first thing in the morning. I should be able to post some pictures on the floorboards first thing in the a.m.

Thanks again!
Mike

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

IRAQI RAM, here is a pic of the left

In looking at them after they came off, I need to to tell you that, while they are serviceable, there is some corrosion on them. Don't want you to get something you don't like...

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Lestat,

Those floorboards look real good to me.
About the springs on the stock footpeg...I took a peg off this morning and the diagrams don't appear correct...on my 92, the footpeg spring is on the bottom, but the long leg faces towards the bike, while the small leg(with the 90degree bend is on the footpeg side.)

And you have a PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.