Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need a good tach for a 1981 GL1100 standard. The one I have sticks at 1800/2,000 rpm with the bike off. Seems to work above that with the bike running...Thx

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

before replacing it you might want to try taking it off and turning it up side down and spraying some lube in it.
My tach needle was bouncing all over the place and I sprayed some lube in the hole where the cable goes smoothed it right out.
It might be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

MD I have one that came off of my 81 GL 1100 standard. I thought it was bad, but turned out to be the cable. Anyway I bought another tach and put on my bike I still have my old one and it works. Just the other one looked a little better cosmetically. The old one doesn't look bad just needs cleaned up. You will have to use your mounting nuts. It's your's for the cost of shipping if you want it. Just let me know

Thx Tom

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

KAH - I love your avatar. I grew up in Wisconsin so I've been the butt of cow jokes pretty much my whole life. Yor gif really made LOL.

I did try the lube thing, and no improvement. The sticking comes and goes, but its now semi-permanent. I am hoping its not the cable.....the tach isn't jumpy, it just sticks at 1800-2000.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Tom - I really like what you done with your bike. I am considering removing the Vetter bags/trunk and going to soft bags as well. Are yours waterproof?

Do you have any more pics of the bike so I can see different views so I can get an idea of what I would get?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

actually those bags were very old I don't think the rain got to them as much as the age. they were loosing the tassles and I actually want to put bags and a fairing on my bike. kind of like a road wing

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I have a 1980 Tack with Chrome cover, Guarenteed. I am asking $25.00 with 8.00 Shipping on it. If you do want it, my Paypal Email is mdbauer1962 wrote:
I need a good tach for a 1981 GL1100 standard. The one I have sticks at 1800/2,000 rpm with the bike off. Seems to work above that with the bike running...Thx

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

The 80 will fit on an 81. Identical.

David

mdbauer1962 wrote:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.