Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a seat, including backrest, for my 1990 GL1500 SE. I would prefer the stock seat in the correct color, Havana Brown. Must be in very good condition. I would also consider an after market seat, that is close to the original color. Pictures of the seat are a must. Shipping would be to 48131.

Thanks....Terre

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a seat, including backrest, for my 1990 GL1500 SE. I would prefer the stock seat in the correct color, Havana Brown. Must be in very good condition. I would also consider an after market seat, that is close to the original color. Pictures of the seat are a must. Shipping would be to 48131.

Thanks....Terre
Personally I wouldn't waste my money on a stock seat if you want to ride for more than 2 hours at a time.Even brand new they were uncomfortable.Any aftermarket seat is light years ahead of stock in the comfort department.

This Hartco was built for new me and was shipped from Florida to Ontario,Canada to my door and it cost me less than $500.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fatwing chris - thanks for the advice, and I think you are probably right. Mainly I will be riding it to and from work which is a 30 minute ride, but I would also like to take some trips north into the U.P of Michigan, so it would be best to invest in a nice comfortable seat, either new or used. I didn't know if there was a big difference in ride or not, since I have never owned a Wing. Thanks again, and I will definitely check into a new Hartco. The funny thing is I was watching a real nice one on Ebay a couple weeks ago, but didn't bid, because I thought I had a stock one ready to buy. So I passed on it, thinking I would be going with a stock seat.

dannodan111 - Thanks for the link, I actually have that one in my watch list. The problem is it's the wrong color, so I was going to pass on that one.

Terre

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Do you have a seat now? You might consider going to an automotive upolstry shop near you and having new foam, maybe a bit thicker, and new cover material installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have a seat now? You might consider going to an automotive upolstry shop near you and having new foam, maybe a bit thicker, and new cover material installed.
The seat that was on it was pretty nice, recently recovered, but the colors were black and light grey, which really didn't look good on the bike since all of the trim is brown. I decided to just sell it, and look for a different one. I'm not in a big hurry, the bike is still down to basically the frame and engine. I'm going through the whole bike before I put it back on the road. My goal is to have it done by August. Thanks for the response...Terre

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Ahhh...

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I am also looking for a seat. I started another threat. I dont wanna hijack this one but if jonnycyclone passes on the seat can you shoot me a pm please?
Thsnks in advance, Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.