Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 85 1200 LTD. I need an antenna whip... Just the antenna part, not the mount or wire, just the whip part, that screws onto the mount.

If you have a spare, shoot me a pm with what you would want for it. I can pay through PayPal if you have an account.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

For radio or CB? Right Side or Left?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Right now I have one Antenna with a splitter with an antenna in, and radio and cb out. However, the reception is terrible, or non existent.

I have purchased a set of mounts from an 86 which has right and left.

So to answer your question, I have the right, I need the left.

The present splitter has what appears (in the books) to be 2 connectors like a radio antenna connector, not the usual screw on connector the cb has. But again, I have all the wires and mounts, just need the antenna whip itself. Is there a difference in those? If so...... I would guess if I continue to use the one I have, I would use it for the radio.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

I had three 85 LTD's and found it better to not use the spliter and use the right hand antenna for radio and the left for the CB. On the Goldwings the CB conntections are like a regular radio conntection. So if you get one with the cable it is long enough to reach the transmitter.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yea, I bought a set of mounts with the wires in them that came off an 86 aspy. The mounting is a little different but I can bolt it up to look good as it came with an adapter plate to move them if need be. The 85 LTD only had one antenna (which to me doesn't look right) and the splitter, but that splitter just doesn't seem to work very well.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

I have the bottom part, from the pre-load down if that will help you out.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks HillBilly, One of the other forum members had one for sale that is an exact match to the one I have, so I purchased it.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, it looks like I got ripped off for $35 buy one of our members "Me and Mow". Paid for the antenna but never got it and now he won't respond to emails or PM's.

But if anyone else ever has to send a postal money order to:
Ted Gallia
278 CR 3208
Penelope,Tx
DON'T!!!! THE GUY IS A CON!

So I guess Im still in the market for an antenna if anyone has one cheap enough.

Thanks

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

Have you checked your local parts store as they should stock several different styles of replacement cb whips,Moon.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have editied my post ,because I was wrong about this guy ... I gave him the benifit of the doubt and after further investigation have found him to have conned members here before under 5 different alias.. More info to follow

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have been checking myself and you are 100% correct ,I am now going to move his for sale threads into the mod forum and seek legal advice on this guy ....

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

What a sleazeball. I read that thread and it looks like he only delivers the items he got paid for when he gets exposed on the forum for his actions. Then he registers with a new alias and starts again.
People like that ruin it for everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Mail came and went again today with no Antenna that Ted proclaims I should be receiving.

He did PM me, but not with any explanation or answers as to when it was shipped and how, but just a quick note on how I owe him an apology on this board for saying he scammed me.

Ted: I can't do that son. When you dodge the truth and so far, haven't done what you said you were going to do, or even offer up an answer, You sir, are what you are.... Which may just be in the eye of the beholder(s).

All I ask is you post the truth Ted. I suspect the truth is, you got caught when Wexy contacted you yesterday, and it is being shipped now..... I "May" get it next week sometime, Not today or tomorrow as you told the moderator.

I feel sorry for you Ted. I don't know if Im dealing with Jr or Sr, but I suspect Jr. Either way, you both had a traumatic life these past 3 years, and I truly feel bad for you, I would not want to be in those shoes. But not being honest with people is not the answer to helping you pave the road to being a better person.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

You could not have stated that any more honestly or cleary.People like that can only be prayed for that they will see what wrongs they have done, reflect on them, and then begin to make their wrongs right and better themselves.I say Amen!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

That is a very gracious post jobe05 and very fairly made, in fact too fair IMHO.
Any normal honest seller would make things right for his next customer and not keep behaving in the same way time after time. Coming into a forum with new alias names every time he gets found out and banned, and doing the same thing he did before is misleading and deceitful.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

I had a very lengthy post, but chose to delete it and start again...

Time to clean house and get rid of pests.

Jobe, good luck on resolving this to your satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

We are at present working on this matter ,I cannot say anymore than that for the moment ...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Another day, another mail run and no package from "Me and Mow" AKA Ted Gallia.

At this point, even if I do get it, There will be no apologies to a person who didn't do what he said he was going to do when he was going to do it.

I am also looking into a couple of things.

Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 18 Chapter 63 :

§ 1341. Frauds and swindles
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

§ 1343. Fraud by wire, radio, or television
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation occurs in relation to, or involving any benefit authorized, transported, transmitted, transferred, disbursed, or paid in connection with, a presidentially declared major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122)), or affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both

§ 1346. Definition of “scheme or artifice to defraud”
For the purposes of this chapter, the term “scheme or artifice to defraud” includes a scheme or artifice to deprive another of the intangible right of honest services.

Based on Ted saying he had mailed the item, and his history Im gonna go ahead a file a complaint.

Sorry Ted, you screwed with the wrong guy this time.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Serves him right. He can't have expected to keep pissing off forum members like this forever. Not to mention the headaches and aggravation the moderators and admins must have had trying to block his IP addresses and emails every time Ted Gallia is "uncovered".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.