Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i am looking for the front fender guard rail (CHROME) and the air dam that goes in front at the bottom of the bike if you have either can you tell me have one and what you are asking for them i got 81 gl1100, oh i am in ohio

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Any pics so I can see what the fender guard looks like. I am new to the goldwings but I do have a spare fender guard. I think it is for the 70's model bikes though.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i need a chrome fender guard for a 1981 gl1100 one for the 70's wont work thanks tho

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Those are both aftermarket parts, not stock, and the fender rails came in several styles I believe. They did for the 1200's which I'm more familiar with. The air dams also came in 2 styles for the 1200. If you have pictures of what you are trying to replace it would help. Is this what you are talking about as the air dam?

And here's one type of the fender rail for the 1100, from Add-on Accessories.

Chrome World has this rail newfor $94.95

Found another style of rail from Drag Specialties for sale at Touring Motorcycle Accessories. A lot more expensive though.

John

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Those are both aftermarket parts, not stock, and the fender rails came in several styles I believe. They did for the 1200's which I'm more familiar with. The air dams also came in 2 styles for the 1200. If you have pictures of what you are trying to replace it would help. Is this what you are talking about as the air dam?

And here's one type of the fender rail for the 1100, from Add-on Accessories.

Chrome World has this rail newfor $94.95

Found another style of rail from Drag Specialties for sale at Touring Motorcycle Accessories. A lot more expensive though.

John
I too am interested in the air scoop? /dam?[.:waving:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

bobalou wrote:
Only one place I know of that you can get them new Bob,but I wouldn't recommend the sellerto anyone, but I'll link it so you can make your own decision. $269 BTW. GL1100 air dam:waving:

John

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
bobalou wrote:
Only one place I know of that you can get them new Bob,but I wouldn't recommend the sellerto anyone, but I'll link it so you can make your own decision. $269 BTW. GL1100 air dam:waving:

John
OH NO!:shock::sadguy:I'll just have to keepona waitin.:?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

I just got my hands on a 7800 original mile Black 1982 GL1100 which I am parting out. It happens to have the air scoop you are talking about. It has some lights incorporated in it I haven't removed it yet, but here is a picture. If interested, call me Gary (520) 829-7747 Arizona

Attachments

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Those air dams are hard to find and you can't get them new anymore for that year wing (with the recessed lights).

^^^^^^Call Gary above and see what he's asking. Looks like it's in very nicecondition and they don't come up too often.^^^^^^^

I just picked up a used one that has bad chrome issues for $30. I'm sanding it down and painting if for a freind. They come out pretty nice and, imo, they look a lotbetter then when they are chromed.

This one was NASTY beforeI got started.

Here'sa rail that may work: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/122996.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.