Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a flag holder that slides into a Show Chrome reciever hitch for Patriot Guard Missions. I'm sure it will be like findinga needle in a hay stack but I gotta ask.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That would be nice. Not sure if it would fit my Show Chrome hitch. From the pictures I'm assuming that the firstbracket would be bolted down by the reciever hitch ball then the flag bracket with the two bars sticking out slides into that.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

Go to Tractor Supply and buy a new 1 1/4" hitch insert, a 3/4" x 12" threaded rod three nuts and two washers. This will cost you less than 30.00. put the rod thru the ball hole tighten down the nuts one on the bottom and two on top. You may have to put a slight bend in the rot so the flag pole clears your trunk.

I picked up a hitch insert at Northwood Surplus in Pinconning, Mi. for $11.89 the threaded rod and associated nuts and washers at TSC. all for less than $20.00

You may have to cut off 1/2" from the insert before the securing pin will line up.
I need to take a little bit of the bend out of the threaded rod and I put a bungee cords a little way up the flag pole and secure them to the arm rest supports.

Disregard the date stamp I just took the pictures about 5 minutes ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.