Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a GL1500 antenna mounted flag pole, Show Chrome mfg, I need just the upper pivoting part, the pole that the flag flies on is not necessary. If anyone has one laying around they want to sell please contact me with cost plus shipping est.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
My CMA flag here, Ol' Glory is on the other side with those clips

Attachments

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't need clips etc, what I'm looking for it the pivoting part that attaches to the base which goes on the antenna. Don't need the pole, flag, clips etc just the part that the pivoting screw goes thru.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Just offering an alternative. These use your antennas for the flagpoles, you dont have to have the poles you have. Just thought if you couldnt find the pieces you're after, you could do this REALLY cheap while waiting to find them. Will Show Chrome sell you those parts? May be worth a phone call??

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called them several weeks ago and was told they don't sell the parts to fix them and I would have to buy the entire package again.

I must apologize, I didn't understand why the clips were being shown when I was looking for the pivot part.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
This is just ME thinking out loud now so don't take offense. "I" would be a little leery of putting something on the antenna because of the added force the flag COULD put on the fixture MIGHT cause it to wear and possibly break. I thought I had read something like this happening to someone. Perhaps it was something else all together.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I called them several weeks ago and was told they don't sell the parts to fix them and I would have to buy the entire package again.

I must apologize, I didn't understand why the clips were being shown when I was looking for the pivot part.
That's a bummer they cant sell you the part you need. No apology needed. I shoulda made myself more clear. Hope someone has the part you need laying around.

This is just ME thinking out loud now so don't take offense. "I" would be a little leery of putting something on the antenna because of the added force the flag COULD put on the fixture MIGHT cause it to wear and possibly break. I thought I had read something like this happening to someone. Perhaps it was something else all together.

No offense taken. I'm always open to new ideas.

I've had mine on my 1500 for about 15K miles before selling it for my 1800. Now been on the 1800 for ~20K. I put them down low as to not put any undo force on the antenna masts. I could definitely see damage the closer the flags are to the top. The actual mounts (down by the rear pockets are well built, I dont think a small flag (6x9) will have any effect on them. I cant see any on mine anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.