Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

wtb gl1500 within riding distance of quad cities ia/il area.

prefer an SE with options, but my budget will determine the option(s) i can afford.

by 'riding distance' i mean a 1 day out & back turn around. i work full-time and would only have a saturday to come get.

if seller would be willing to bring 1/2 would expand my search area.

i got to drive my fiance's 2010 gl1800 yesterday, and i'm sold. i'm moving up to a bike more capable of aiding my aging bones when we ride 4000 miles on vacations during the summers.

thanks for any heads up or leads.

i've searched ebay & craig's list and have a few leads, but would most def. prefer buying from a private seller, and even more so from a member of this board.

thanks guys!

Colleen

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

Hi, I have a 1997 GL1500 SE that I am going to sell. It has all the options of the SE plus a 6-CD changer, Tall tulsa wind with vent, trailer hitch, crome, foot pegs. Will try to get you some pictures if interested. Asking 7500 I am 50 miles south of Kansas City. Could meet you 1/2 way maybe.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

pm sent...

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

found one!! had to drive 5hrs one way to MN to get one that was nice and in my price range.

it's an SE with even MORE farkles added by the last owner. I love the toe warmers that come on it ...came in handy in the 50 degree weather. It was sunny, but for 5 hrs and the high hit 61...it was nice to have toasty toes. I think we'll be very happy for many years to come

1997 pearl sapphire black gl1500SE 61K miles.

the pic attached was taken just as I arrived in my driveway. I haven't had an opportunity to take more pics......yet

:)

-Colleen

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Congrats Colleen,
The 1500 is a fun bike and yes the toe warmers are nice. Enjoying mine in NH right now. Went through Iowa @4 weeks ago while it was in the 90s on my way to Wisconsin. Was there when it turned cool in the high 30s. Might be headed back that way to Seattle to do a sound system install there in a week or two when the call comes. For now enjoying the colors that are just starting here. Visiting family and friends here in NH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.