142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for one and having a devil of a time finding one, any ideas :baffled:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I've seen reproductions out there. Does your vinyl cover have snaps on all 4 sides, or does it have them on 3 sides, and rivets holding the left side down?

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

In my travels I've seen a few in FleeMarkets... but those are becoming a dying breed.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

I have a left pocket cover for an 84 GL1200. Will that work? It does need some TLC though...

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

shoot trucknchuck a pm, he's selling new reproduction ones reasonably priced

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Those are for the GL1200, Bo was looking for the GL1100 ones (I assume.....). Still not sure which style yet, but once I find out I'll see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Yes it is the 83 farring and it does have 3 snaps on both sides and 2 on top and bottom.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

I have seen some on ebay some one out of florida is making new ones out of marine grade vinyl.The best i can remeber they were around $25.00

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Check here, read the description carefully! The one pictured is NOT the one you want, but they say they have it. Ive dealt with them before..nice people, husband and wife.

http://tinyurl.com/cvvy3x

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
Check here, read the description carefully! The one pictured is NOT the one you want, but they say they have it. Ive dealt with them before..nice people, husband and wife.

Thanks for the link. That's the 2nd style I've been talking about. It's the one I have on my bike currently.

I bought a cover with an extra pocket from Bike Bike Parts, but it was in their clearance section, so no longer available.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Scooter 7 wrote:

Thanks for the link. That's the 2nd style I've been talking about. It's the one I have on my bike currently.

I bought a cover with an extra pocket from Bike Bike Parts, but it was in their clearance section, so no longer available.
SS, read it again!!

[align=left]Here is a brand new left hand fairing pocket cover:[/align]
      • [align=left]Professionallymade of black marine grade vinyl [/align]
      • [align=left]FitsGL1100 GoldWings with Hondaline fairings that require one side to be riveted (rivets not included)[/align]
      • [align=left]Has black snap tops like the OEM covers[/align]
      • [align=left]Excellent replacement for your torn, weathered ormissing cover[/align]
[align=left]Also available arethe 10 snap type covers for GL1100's and the 8 snap covers that fit GL1200's should you or someone you know need one of those. Click on the link below to find them.[/align]
[align=center]5 STAR SERVICE:[/align]
        1. Lightning Fast Shipping - (most packages mail out the same day)
        2. No Packing/Handling Fee
        3. You Pay Exact Postage - (USPS Priority Mail with Tracking Number)
        4. We Keep You Informed
        5. We Offer a Great Product
[align=center][/align] [align=center]Check outour other items![/align] [align=center]Be sure to addus to your favorites list![/align]

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Well, I don't need 1" high letters screaming at me to know that the 10 snap covers are available from a number of sources, including a number of ebay sellers, and the 5 snap one is harder to find.

Just chill out... I know what I am doing...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.