Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of debating whether or not to spend more money on this old girl. While working on a winter project, I determined the back, right side (think where the tuner is) of my fariing has been severly cracked and glued back together. Cant tell it from the outside, but the right side pocket does not fit right, and I am probably going to gut the interior of the fairing (tuner/amp/or somethin else does not work - nordo).

My concern is that the fairing may fall apart.

If that were to happen, can anyone tell me about how much a replacement might cost? Just looking for an idea, since I can't find one listed on fleabay.

Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I sold a really good one a couple years ago for $75. HAD IT LISTED FOR $125

IF IT'S NOT TOO BAD YOU CAN GLUE IT BACK TOGETHER WITH MULTIPLE LIGHT COATS OF abs CEMENT FROM A HARDWARE STORE.

OOPPS! Hit the caps lock!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
its hard to find one thats not cracked . I have seen them occasionally around a hundred . The bigger problem if you find one and trust the photos , is shipping cost . Its not so heavy the large size drives up the price .
I too would suggest trying ABS glue . Try searching this forum and you should find several threads on using ABS glue . Also how to make ABS glue paste from file shavings taken from ABS pipe .

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so it is "normal" to have cracks? Again, it is not apparent from the outer shell, and the "bondo" (maybe ABS) coating on the black inner shell covers all evidence of the cracks that are visible from the inside of the fairing. In fact, the paint job is beautiful.

I have been slowly working on turning this daily rider into a Clasic, but never s show bike. Just a real good looking, stock, old motorcycle. The cracks in the fairing made me reconsider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.