Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi All:

I did a quick search on this forum and didn't see anything so hopefully this is not a bad posting... you guys know my wife and I are new to wings and bought an old girl which we are restoring.

I am on a limited budget and in need of a good OEM fairing. We have found them on fleabay but they are always "stripped" of their parts and by the time we buy the headlight, mirrors, pocket covers, wire harness etc etc it is WAY too expensive to put on on our wing.

I will tell you ahead of time this will most likely need to like a "goodwill" sale to us because we really do nothave a lot of money and have had to spend quite a bit on our ole wing tomake sure it was mechanically sound.

Would be willing to pick up with in a 500 mile radius or pay shipping if farther than that... just hope someone has mercy and will let one go to someone who really needs it and would appreciate a break since we have been out so much on our wing already.

You guys are great.. we really appreciate having a place to go for help and are looking forward tomeeting as many aspossible at the MnG in Sept.

BTW not trying to solicit or anything like that, but my wifeand I own a computer business and would maybe work out a trade for part or all of this. We are on Ebay and also the web at http://www.aspectcomputing.com

Thank you:

AspectOne

AKA

Chris and Berta Lemke

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

PM scotthohio as I think he has one and he is really reasonable and easy to get along with (at times:cheeky1:) Also check with Flyone and SB in SC as they also were parting a 1100.

Good luck, Ray:waving:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Not too many weeks ago I bought a complete fairing for $200.00 bucks..It was missing one locking pocket cover for the right side, Which I am looking for....And one reflector on the left side...I have that reflector on my old fairing so no loss there...What made this fairing such a great deal was this ....After getting it home taking some pictures and having Bagmaster look at my pictures, we discovered that it had inside ALL the components for a Clarion Type II system..

All I needed was the handle bar controls, the radio module, the cassette player, cables and head sets.... Went back to salvage yard two weeks later and from another Wing that they had just gotten the day before I was able to buy the radio module, cassette player, headsets (2) and three cables from helmets to fairing, plus three keyed alike locks for everything for another $200.00...Now this might sound expensive to you but there are folks that have been looking for just one headset and they run about $80.00 bucks if you can find them..Check the prices for radio modules that are complete with radio/CB/intercom ...they ain't cheap.....

Good deals on fairings can be found but sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time, I was...OH BTW the fairing has no cracks and came with all the mounting bolts.....That salvage yard has several more good fairings but the ones he had the last time I was there were stripped...$75.00 nothing inside...no wiring etc....OH yeah the Wing that Flyone and SB have has no fairing.....Good luck on your search...

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I picked up a complete Hondaline fairing on Ebay for $150 including a Clarion radio. It was listed as CB900. Check CB900, CB750, GL500 and GL650 as these bikes used the same fairing too.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I can't help you on the fairing, but I would like to see a bigger pic of your bike and some closer shots......I like that color...or what I can see of it!

Looks Sharp!!

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Did a PO replace the original fairing with a Vetter fairing or was it naked and transformed into fully dressed ride? By the way, looks great as it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.