Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a pull behind trailer for my wing. If you have one, and would like to sell it drop me a line. I am planning on ordering a piggybacker shortly, but I thought I would try here first. Would prefer the metro area around Dallas/Fort Worth.

Thanks,
Doc

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

On my trip to Texas back at Christmas I pulled my bike trailer behind the car. The car engine went bad and I had to buy a car there from my nephew to get my family back home. Since the car didn't have a trailer hitch I had to leave the trailer at my in-laws just south of Ft. Worth in Keene, Tx.

I will discuss it with my wife when she gets back from the bank and see if it would be better to sell it then drive back out there to get it.

If we decide to sell it I'll have to send you the paper work for it so it can be titled in Texas as a title isn't required here in South Carolina, no tag required either.

It's a Harbor Freight kit with the 12" tires, cooler rack and spare tire. Cooler not included!!

Here's the pics I took when building it.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Bagmaster50/Trailer/

Ignore the tear drop trailer in that albumn, that was a trailer I spotted that was for sale locally.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

To add to this.

Trailer was custom cut and welded by a professional welder, My brother. The frame was cut down to fit the carrier top and all welded together with the exception of the axles and fenders being bolted on as are the lights. The tail lights are from the kit, 1157 combos with a 3-light led strip added to the rear just above the spare tire and 2 front led clearance lights. The cooler rack is made to fit a 54 qt cooler like the igloo shown in the pic with a cutout for the drain plug and can be unbolted and removed. The frame is straight and pulls true with the extended tongue.

It also has a zerk grease fitting on the back of both bearing hubs so it doesn't need Bearing Buddie kits installed like the earler models.

I will PM you the price once you've decided if you want to go look at it.

I pulled this behind my 1100 to Calhoun for NASSIR 1 back in Spetember with no problems. Hardly knew it was back there.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Also I have 4 keys that fit the locks on the carrier I'd have to mail to you also. I carry 1, my wife carries 1 and 2 spares. 1 key works both locks.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Bump

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Mike,
You mentioned a 3" crack that you repaired. Where is the crack? What caused it? Can I get a picture of the crack. Will the trailer work with the Bushtec V2 hitch?

Thanks,
Doc

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I don't have a pic of the crack and since the trailer is in Texas and I'm home, I can't get one for you. Bushtec makes a swivel hitch that replaces a standard hitch, seen a video of it on Youtube last week. it bolts on using the same bolt holes the hitch on the trailer uses.

I did bolt the hitch onto the tongue so replacing it with the Bushtec should be no problem. 5 minute job.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

The trailer is in Killeen Tx. Correct? Check with your brother as to a time I can come and look at it. I am off work on Sunday/Mondays.

Thanks.
Doc

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The trailer is in Keene, Tx, just south of Burleson at my father-in-laws.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Tomorrow at any time. I'll pm you the phone number and address. Already talked to him and let him know some one is coming to look at it. I've got to check with DMV here on the title deal as I said 1 isn't required here in SC and the paper work from Harbor Freight is in my name. It might be best if I go ahead and get it titled here then send you the title so you can transfer it to a Texas title.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Mike,
I will give him a call tomorrow morning (Monday) and take a look.

Thanks,
Doc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.