Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been looking for replacements as some of mine are damaged or non-working. I've tried to repair them but the insides are too far gone. if anyone has a source for new, or has some decent used ones they'd be willing to part with, please pass along the info.

Outside dimension of the chrome trim ring is 3-3/4" x 2-1/8".

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

try the led trailer lights they have at wal mart

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Might want to check at any large truck stop, as these lights are still used on tractor trailers....

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Do go with LED units, to save drain on your weak charging system. There is a big difference in draw of power compared to standard filament bulbs. Try to get them with 2 or more LEDs, I have seen 6 per light and they will light up the night.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

actually go to saber-cycle.com they have those lights on their website i know i know dont stone me to death for mentioning the sabercycle site but its just a light what can go wrong

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

actually pm me I have a light bar with those lights I am not going to use. Converting to LED is easy peazy. They are no longer in production and are not stocked in the auto parts stores. You will nopt like the price of a bulk purchase either.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

a few years back i needed to replace some of the same lights on my 1100, i got them at advance but they had to order them

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks for the replies. I just reinstalled the light bar. I removed it when I bought the bike to clean it up and see if I could repair the lights. Saturday I took the wife out for a sunset cruise and lost all rear lights except the brake light. Fortunately a guy in a pickup truck let me know @ a stop sign. Must have blown a fuse.

I must either have a short or the 15 extra lights (top and bottom light bars) blew the fuse. Haven't actually checked the fuse yet. The PO had some of the lights working when I purchased it but not all.

If I were to go the LED route, I can get 2-wire lights for $7.56 ea ($121 to do all 15 lights) or 1-wire for $3.34 ea ($58 total). I assume the 2-wire lights just have an additional ground wire? Would it work well to use the light bar as the ground, adding an additional ground wire from the bar to the bike frame?

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

yes on the ground wire, or bring the solid green wire out to the bar. The solid green is ground on your ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.