Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB riding gear stuff, Frogs, heated, armored, etc...

984 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  ncnative 
#1 ·
imported post

Probably size large I guess. 6' 4" medium build or so.

Used heated riding gear wanted in good working condition.
Maybe you upgraded to new or better stuff, or moved to warmer place LOL

Anyway, I been looking at many things, New is out of my budget for many items this winter.

If you have extra stuff your not using and working good you want to sell, I may want some things.

Heated vest or such for under coat
Heated gloves
Heated socks
Heated pants
Heated helmet liner, my head gets the coldest lately

Armor type crash gear maybe

Frog Togs perhaps for wet riding, boy was it raining this morning!

Wire to make my own heated gear.

Controllers perhaps if I get some heated gear.

I'm running the 88 1500 mostly still for now, going back to an 82 1100 for awhile soon while I do some work on the 1500.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
imported post

Yep,a good thread there
I been watching that one before and some others on making my own gear. I plan to try making some.

Still would like some good used stuff for those long cold rides cross country.

#6 ·
imported post

These or this style ( I've found less expensive at outdoor stores) Hippo Hands work well in rain & cold, no power needed, I wear my summer mesh gloves in them down to about the freezing mark & then heavier gloves.:waving:

#7 ·
imported post

How much would the wire cost, how much there?

NCnative has a full heated riding outfit, overhauls, gloves, socks, controller, I'm going to think about also.

#8 ·
imported post

Hey chromo as far as wet gear try Academy. The wife and I got ourselves a set of frog toggs and it was $85 for both. I still haven't had a chance to see how well the toggs work out. I have harley gear that works great but are so hot you'd sweat to death in the summer.

#9 ·
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
These or this style ( I've found less expensive at outdoor stores) Hippo Hands work well in rain & cold, no power needed, I wear my summer mesh gloves in them down to about the freezing mark & then heavier gloves.:waving:
I agree with Bob about the Hippo hands. Using those with a good qualitypair of inexpensive Grip Heaters work well down below freezing with medium weight riding gloves. The Grip Heater Kit works well anytime to take the chill off and there's nothing to pack, or carry, as they're always on the bike. I and others can highly recommend the kit linked to. One of those "Why didn't I put those on before" things!

With a stock alternator, you'll have to watch how much heated gear you have running at once, especially around town.

#10 ·
imported post

The link took me to the pressure valve caps.
I found 2 sets of heated grips, $65 and $105, are those the ones.

#12 ·
imported post

How do those grip heaters work, just wrap around the grips?

#13 ·
imported post

Ken, will they work with the Kuryakin (sp?) heavier rubber & metal grips.
Chromo, you remove your grips & the thin filament wraps around the bar, then you replace your grips.:waving:

#14 ·
imported post

Ya ... they'll work with those grips, Bob. They'll just take a few minutes longer to heat up, due to the 'mass', but then again, they'll retain heat longer after you shut them off, due to that same mass.

Winger77 has both and he likes!

This is what they look like when installed on your bars, before you slip your favorite grip over them.

Note how thin they are. ....

#15 ·
imported post

I'm going to check out the full suit deal. Still keeping options open for other things though.

I'm thinking the 1500 should power the full outfit, or use parts only as needed, not all at once. Mostly I ride it on open roads, not much slow city riding.

Thinking about grip heater or gloves for the 1100. Gloves have an advantage I can move them easy to another bike if I want to. I would probably have normal heavy gloves with me anyway.

Hippo hands are an idea. I thought of making something along that lines but different for wind deflectors at the grips. I have some good stiff leather left over from a set of saddle bags I made years ago. Not too stiff but not to soft.
Finding the leather tools and getting it done though LOL
I'd probably tool in some eagles also for designs. Might get a set made by June LOL

#17 ·
imported post

ncnative wrote:
Chromo, try it if it doesn't work for your needs just send it back. If you want it just send me a check or money order.

ncnative
Can't beat that deal Chromo!

Good job NCNative, You make the rest of us North Carolinians look good....... (Lord knows some of us need to look better...... Physically anyways):claps::claps:

#18 ·
imported post

Wow that was fast NC.
Thank you!

I'll let you know when it arrives.

#19 ·
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
ncnative wrote:
Chromo, try it if it doesn't work for your needs just send it back. If you want it just send me a check or money order.

ncnative
Can't beat that deal Chromo!

Good job NCNative, You make the rest of us North Carolinians look good....... (Lord knows some of us need to look better...... Physically anyways):claps::claps:
Yep we have a world full of the best people in the world here on this forum. :claps:

#20 ·
imported post

I only "went public" here with my messaging to Chrormo because he said it was better to keep in touch here on the forum than his private email. Said he spends more time here!!!:shock:

I tend to collect things that I think I might use "someday". My wife says I am a compulsive buyer, uh, honey you did say buyer right? Can't understand what she's mumbling under her breath? Anyway sometimes I look around and see stuff that I realize I will probably never use, or that someone else may get better use from. I clean out the garage all along then end up with more stuff...I swear I don't know how it happens.
I have sold some stuff on this and another Honda forum. I have sent bike parts, seats, clothing, etc. all over the country.

It's always money back "if you don't like it". I worry that I might miss something in the description, or that there was some mis-communation, that someone will get something that was not exactly what they thought it should be. It's usually not a large amount of money involved, so if worst came to worst I might be out anywhere from a few bucks for shipping to a couple hundred dollars...I do have to have a cut off:action:
***I have never had anyone try to screw me***
As my riding buddy once pointed out, the biker community has to be some of the most honest people, he said you can go to any rally or bike hangout and leave anything unsecured without having to worry about a fellow biker stealing it.

NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.