·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Email sent.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought one. Does anyone have the instructions on how to mount it on the spindle? It isn't like a normal 83 aspy cable, that has the spindle that attaches to the wheel.
Sincerely,
David

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The 83 Aspencade had a digital speedo with a box at the wheel converting the drive to.electric pulses. The 1500s all have manual drive cable to the back of the speedo
The 99 screws on the wheel the same way with the Phillips screw, both use the same style drive box on the wheel /axle, you just have a cable now all the way.up and it has to unscrew at the top, you get to it from the left under the handlebars, through the tunnel, remove left tunnel plastic insert piece, it's tight and blind working area done by feel, sometimes you might need a small set of pliers to loosen the top knob. I will get the top loose and off first, tie a string to it, tie the other end to the bottom of the new cable to pull down from the bottom to feed the new cable through the loops.
Be sure and lube the new cable first before installing it. I use the cable lube sold at Canam/BRP dealers as it is designed for salt water application (seado- boats)as it is anticoanticorrosive XP-S is it's name. Some here have just used motor oil dripped down in the cable strung from a hook to hang it from and drip it in until it drips out the other end.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Be sure and lube all your cables on any bike yearly to help make them last longer as moisture in them gets the rust started in the outer sheaths which binds and breaks the stainless inner cables.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! That's worth a world of trouble. I just replaced my overdrive light, and checked the rest.
Sincerely,
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.