Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to experiment with windscreens for summer/ custom bagger look on my 82 GL1100i. Anyone have a used windscreen taking up space in the garage? Anyone have one they already tried cutting?
Thanks
-Mike

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Cut mine on a 82,cut it so wind is above your face,otherwise everything hits you in the face..lmao,and the wind noise is unbearable.Used mine 3 days bought a new one,cut it 3 inches higher and was ok then.also clamp it between two 1x4 to cut it,helps alot,and use a fine tooth jig saw blade,sand the edges and looks great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you are still looking for a Vetter windsheild, I have 2 on the shelf in the garage. One has the vents and is plain. Not sure how many scratches are on them. Let me know if you have not come up with any good used ones. You can have these for $10 each plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
yeah with the tilt of the windshield it sends the wind right to the drivers face.And its not like one without a fairing or shield,its like being in a wind tunnel.

·
JR
256 Posts
Custom Windscreen

Mike, I found this pic of an 82 on line and opened the image in Paint and "tinted" the windscreen. Is this the look that you are after? I think it's pretty cool looking although not very practical. But then cool hardly ever is! Keep me posted on your progress as I am looking to do the same. JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tprender- I would be interested in your screens

jr831100- yeah, that's about the look I wanted. Not so sure after ajclockga's comments, but, human nature being what it is, I need to find out for myself! :D

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.