Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB A pair of Vetter lowers to fit a GL 1000/1100. Any color as long as they are in good shape or repairable. Bought a Windjammer SS in nice shape. Winter project for my 78 Wing.
Thanks!
Lou

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
First stay away from the place around Neenah/GB. You can use any of the lowers for the SS or IV, the ones for the Windjammer V will not work. Not sure about the II or III. the SS and IV are identical, one was made by Craig Vetter, the other was made by Bell. If you don't get any luck here, try naked gold wing, they have a lot of people that convert back to standards. Other option is Ebay or Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First stay away from the place around Neenah/GB. You can use any of the lowers for the SS or IV, the ones for the Windjammer V will not work. Not sure about the II or III. the SS and IV are identical, one was made by Craig Vetter, the other was made by Bell. If you don't get any luck here, try naked gold wing, they have a lot of people that convert back to standards. Other option is Ebay or Craigslist.
Thanks for the "Naked Wing" tip! I Googled it & posted there. I checked the boneyard in Neenah, They have nothing. E bay, nothing there right now.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
another thought, if you still need them is to check in Milwaukee. Theres a bone yard there. forgot what the name of it was. I've been there a few times, seems pretty decient.

also if you need the stuff to mount them (well nuts/screws) Vetter sells them on his site. I tried to use ones from Lowes, just didn't seem to work correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.