Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone, anyone know where I can find one of these, it goes on my windshield which has the wind-wings build in.

Thanks, Ray

:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

Hey Ray,

Dude... you need a little trim around the ears! Oh no, wait, that's your golden retriever in your avatar, not you! :cheeky1:

Back to your question... that's got to be an aftermarket windshield on your GL1200I. The stock windshields had solidly attached side wings on them.

You're gonna have to find out who manufactured that windshield and hope you can still get replacement parts for it. Maybe someone else on the forum will recognize it.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

WingMan71 wrote:
Hey Ray,

Dude... you need a little trim around the ears! Oh no, wait, that's your golden retriever in your avatar, not you! :cheeky1:

Back to your question... that's got to be an aftermarket windshield on your GL1200I. The stock windshields had solidly attached side wings on them.

You're gonna have to find out who manufactured that windshield and hope you can still get replacement parts for it. Maybe someone else on the forum will recognize it.

Good luck.
LOL Wingman, my wfe said I do need a haircut though:D

I was hoping someone would see his and give me a heads up:baffled:

THanks, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
imported post

Ray,

Do you know who manufactures that windshield? If not, it might help to post a picture showing the entire windshield.
Maybe someone will recongnize it if they can see the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No idea :baffled:I guess it surely wouldn't hurt to post a pic :)

Thanks for setting me straight ;)

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Can't help you on the windshield, but you have done a great job on the wing, looks alot different from when you were in Calhoun. Is that the same bike? or the other you got to rebuild?

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hey Bill, Thanks, it is the same bike but with alot of hours wrenching on it, rides like a dream now:action:all that is left of the other bike is a frame and title :)

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

You did a great job!!:clapper:How is the radio and all that? I can remember the last time I saw it..........well it was err, umm, needing some attention:p

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I put in a pyle am/fm usb/sd/mp3 radio and hooked into my motocomm riderlink intercom system and it rocks, and no there is not a big hole in my dash anymore:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
I put in a pyle am/fm usb/sd/mp3 radio and hooked into my motocomm riderlink intercom system and it rocks, and no there is not a big hole in my dash anymore:cheeky1:
:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:I didn't want to say it out loud!!!:shock:......glad you are getting it the way you want it!!

Safe Rides Brother!!:action:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

here what it looks like installed :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

The one on my Interstate is the same. I thought it was factory but don't know for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

hi andy i saw a pair of thoses things on a 1985 limited !
by the way i like your radio,can you still use the mute button and the change channels button on the handlebars ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.