Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members in Europe who would be willing to purchase this tire on my behalf, and mail to USA?

Dunlop Wintersport ROF 175/60/16

This particular size is no longer available in the USA, but I hear it is available overseas.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Hi Alex. I'm not sure that tyre will be easy to find here either. I've looked on some of the UK's largest suppliers and they are not listing it. I do have a contact in the business so I've left him a message to check and get back to me.

The only ones on UK eBay are these used ones...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Winter...11129?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item3a7ca3c679

I'll post back when I hear more and if I can find one I'm happy to get it for you.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Just heard back from my contact and they are available. PM sent. Post on here again if the PM doesn't get to you (I've heard there are some problems with PM's at the moment)

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Is there a chance we could do a group purchase ? I would like anotherof tese Wintersports ROF myself and at least one other member here at NASSIR six would like another .

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
How did you get on Alex? I can look for some other suppliers if that one doesn't work out.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you get on Alex? I can look for some other suppliers if that one doesn't work out.
I am in contact with your suggested source, and am waiting for a quote for 7-each of these tires ...This includes 3 for the parties that mentioned an interest in it:
1) OnaWingandaPrayer
2) Scoot scoot
2) the cruiser

I will post an update as soon as the quote is received.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Attn:
1) OnaWingandaPrayer
2) Scoot scoot
3) the cruiser
4) Others??? (eg Currently open to 1 additional order)

Gentlemen, I have received a Quote as follows: $281.82 (for 1 tire + shipping to my address in CA). You can get same price if you want to order it directly to your address instead, thereby saving additional cost of shipping from my address to yours.

I am offering to order a tire At My Cost for anyone interested, per the following terms: You Pay $281.82/Tire, plus -Actual Shipping cost, from my home address to yours (Probably $30 for 49-states USA).

Payment to me: (Personal Check or Money Order)
-In-advance, for the price of the tire and shipping to me ($281.82).
-Upon your receipt, for the Actual Shipping from me to you (est. $30)
-Upon My Request, for any gross price differences due to changes in currency conversion rate (eg I'm trying to break even)

So then, Please Make/Confirm your Orders with me within the next week. Send me PM, to exchange contact info for payment/delivery.

Alex

------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
-Tire is a Dunlop Wintersport ROF 175/60/R16
-Quoted price of £128.00/ea for the tire, and £55.00/ea shipping from Dunlop UK/TyreTec
-$1.54 US Dollar to 1 British Pound, at today's conversion rate.
-Current order quantity is 7-each; Price does not change based on quantity
-Source: (for if you want to place your own order)
TyreTec
attn: Peter
T: 0800 3 579757
[email protected]
www.tyretectrading.com

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Yikes!
I was hoping to ask for prices for an Austone myself as I dont really care about the Run Flat. Figured if shipping tires in from over there maybe slide in an Austone or 2?

If you can slide in 1 or 2 Austones for a decent price let me know. Looking at near $300 for a Run flat tough maybe not since I can already buy an Austone here in USA.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Wow, those aren't cheap are they? Are they really that good a tire for the money and the trouble? Don't yell at me I'm just asking. :waving:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...Are they really that good a tire for the money and the trouble?...
They make for an extremely smooth ride, but the thing I like most is that they are a RunOnFlat... which I find very comforting when out in the middle of nowhere.

If you're not already hooked on them, then I'm not going to push one on you.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Alex, I have no experience with the tire you speak of, but I did install a Yokohama Avid Envigor 195/55-16 Run Flat on mine. I just got back from NY state, 700 miles today alone (5000 in the past couple of weeks) and this tire gives a great ride. A couple of times I twisted the throttle to 95 MPH and it felt like it was gliding on air all the way.

I paid $180 dollars for mine from a local tire guy, Tire Rack also has them available for $171 plus shipping. Might be worth a try before spending the big $$.

For those of you who are installing your own tires, and have never installed a Run Flat, Be patient........ These things are stout! I can sit on this tire before it went on the rim and there was zero deflection in the side wall..........

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Just one thing lads , make sure it is a SP3 winter sport , as here are other types of winter sports rof and they are directional and the thread pattern is different and are not good on a wing . So it has to be the SP3 model of the winter sport.here is a link to the tyre here in Ireland ,
http://www.eiretyres.com/cgi-bin/rs...KW&Label=F-C-67-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-142490

That price is in euro delivered in Ireland .

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
591 Posts
Alex, I have no experience with the tire you speak of, but I did install a Yokohama Avid Envigor 195/55-16 Run Flat on mine. I just got back from NY state, 700 miles today alone (5000 in the past couple of weeks) and this tire gives a great ride. A couple of times I twisted the throttle to 95 MPH and it felt like it was gliding on air all the way...........
Jobe: you have this installed on your 1500??
You still plan on being at ES for Labor Day??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.