Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a "Piece" from any year GL1500 Seat... specifically, the piece that wraps around the passenger's butt (which sits below, and fills the otherwise empty space beneath, the passenger backrest).

Any Condition will do, as I will use it to build a new custom seat (eg I'm going to glue it onto my existing seat, and recover it).

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I need a "Piece" from any year GL1500 Seat... specifically, the piece that wraps around the passenger's butt (which sits below, and fills the otherwise empty space beneath, the passenger backrest).

Any Condition will do, as I will use it to build a new custom seat (eg I'm going to glue it onto my existing seat, and recover it).

I don't know about anybody else's but the piece you are referring too has a rain cover on my bike. Its part of the seat. I don't see how it could come off without ruining the seat.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about anybody else's but the piece you are referring too has a rain cover on my bike. Its part of the seat. I don't see how it could come off without ruining the seat.
Yes I know, that's why I'm hoping that someone has a Bad seat already, that they'd be willing to cut this piece off from.

I got a used Road Sofa Seat that's missing this piece... dunno why. I figure that given I'm going to recover it, might as well get the missing filler piece installed when I do.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I purchased a russell seat & that is missing the same part. If you look on e-bay 1/4 of the seats for sale don't show it either. I believe that the early 1500's did not have that as part of the seat.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Many of the aftermarket seat manufacturers work that pad as a portion of the passenger's backrest (often as a 3rd-part to the aftermarket saddle).

A little creativity with a sphygmomanometer, a stuff sack and upholstry fabric/foam to matc and you can you'll have storage for a rain cover and provide your passenger with an adjustible lumbar support. Not a bad idea to add a little heat in there while you're at it, as that seem to be one of the "chilly areas".

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
I purchased a russell seat & that is missing the same part. If you look on e-bay 1/4 of the seats for sale don't show it either. I believe that the early 1500's did not have that as part of the seat.
Nope, they all had it from the factory, but from 88 to about 95, that had the rain cover in it. Even the 1800s have that piece on their seats, but unfortunately no rain cover like my 93 had. I was surpirsed when I ordered and got the new 97 seat for my 93 that it's filler was filled instead of being a place to store the raincover.:(
Gene:p

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Got one for you Alex. PM sent.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You da man ,stu............
Nope. Not me. I was in the right place is all. The Pres of my chapter had it sitting in his garage and asked if I knew anyone in need.:waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.