Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the set that I have on my 1200 now:

Apparently they are not the right ones for my bike, so I'm wanting to trade them out for a set that belongs on it. The only thing wrong with the set I have now is that the right side mirror is cracked from where the brake lever came into contact with it.

This is the set that I need:

Please let me know if you can help.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From your signiture you have an 84 Interstate.
If that's the case you have the correct mirrors now.
That's what I keep getting told, but the second style is what was on it when I got it and the bars come in contact with the ones I have now, so I'm sure something is amiss somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible that they were replaced, but I don't believe they were. I'm pretty sure they aren't bent either. I'll get a pic of them touching as soon as possible. I will say that it only happens when I'm making a hard turn while backing it off of the porch, so it isn't often, but it only takes once to do the damage.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take off the plastic cover covering the handle bar mounts, loosen a smidge and pull the bars back an inch or so. It should fix the problem.
I do believe I'll try this before going much further. I've seen this recommendation from quite a few people since posting this up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.