Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

I just purchased and installed (this weekend), on my 1500, a pipe known as an Extractor. It is made by Bassani mfg. and marketed by Heli modified (I think).

I really like the sound (deeper and more powerful sounding). I could not tell a performance difference, unless I need to rejet. I am on my first tank of fuel, so I will let you know how that goes.

I paid $175 for it on ebay.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The advertising technique sounds familiar to me.

This exhaust is the ultimate design for performance (it has three powerbands: 4,000 8,000 and 12,000 rpm). It boosts low end by 40% [4into1s lose 8% here] and boosts 8,000 rpm power by 8% [4into1s only gain 1% here]. No 4into1 even comes close to this kind of power. It is a bottom end pipe. It is also a top end pipe.

How much time do you spend with your Goldwing cranking 4000rpm much less 8k and 12k? It boosts low end by 40% of what?

This is the best exhaust design for Goldwings.Not only do you remove the heavy steel mufflers, you add the tremendous power of the REAL Campbell X-PIPEtm. Without rejetting!

Modest claims.:whip:

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Whatcha think?
Oregonwinger, I think without doing back to back tests for performance, fuel economy, low end smooth runability, & noise, Iwould have to say the Hypesounds muchmightier than that exhaustpart.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

"How much time do you spend with your Goldwing cranking 4000rpm much less 8k and 12k? It boosts low end by 40% of what?"

Gee, exavid, don't you redline your wing all the time? :D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
"How much time do you spend with your Goldwing cranking 4000rpm much less 8k and 12k? It boosts low end by 40% of what?"

Gee, exavid, don't you redline your wing all the time? :D
Nah, I got too much respect for the rod bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.