Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

[align=center]Hi All,
I tried hooking the XM MYFI up on my 1500 trike today. Got power,(through the cig lighter) antena with full signal, and I have to use a wireless FM transmitter where you'd plug in for speakers, headset etc. All I get is a static hiss through the speakers. Got the radio tuned to 88.3 and the FM transmiter also. Tried other freq. around there, nothing. This setup works in my old Nissan truck and everything else I've tried it with. How come not this? Any ideas.

Bob
[/align]

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

To add mine (XM Roadie) to my 08 1800, I had to add a special kit from Kennedy Electronics. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

[align=center]Maybe Si, maybe No. But thanks anyhow. I know there's something strange goin' on around here!:?

Bob
[/align]

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I have my XM configured the same as in my cars; I diconnected the radio antenna under the seat so that I do not receive local stations. On one occasion I found that I have some poor electrical connections to the XM which I soldered. I think the ground was nt making good contact. This caused some of my static.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

[align=center]If it was a problem of some static I might be happy. I've got no sound. Only white noise. No communication from XM to Honda radio.

Thanks anyway,
Bob
[/align]

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I think the Wireless FM transmitter is same thing you're talking about. That's why this is a mystery. I went to that because the tape deck adapter gizmo doesn't seem to work with the MYFI, although it worked with the Roadie I used to have. It can drive you :bat:

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

I have a SkyFi3 with 2 car kits. I use 1 on the bike and 1 in the car. On the bike, I use the Cassette adapter and for the car, I use a "sureconnect" adapter that attaches directly to the car's antenna. It attaches inline with the satelite antenna. I am not sure if yours has the FM modulator internal to the radio. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.