Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

oops delivered that radio i had on order. i took it out and bench tested it. first i plugged in a mp3 player and it seemed to work fine, then i inserted a sd card i had loaded. yeha !!! no more storing tapes or cds. that little card started playing alan jackson and my world was complete. the radio is small and will slip right in the dash on my 1200, walkabout :action:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I like it but like the model I have because of the blue tooth. But in no way am I saying yours does not work for you :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

This is very interesting. Now I'm wondering if this could be done to a 1984 Aspencade 1200 ? The aspencade that I'm soon to get has the stock AM FM Cassette radio, and I would like to have something that I could plug my mp3 player into. Any ideas or thoughts on this ??

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

This is very interesting. Now I'm wondering if this could be done to a 1984 Aspencade 1200 ? The aspencade that I'm soon to get has the stock AM FM Cassette radio, and I would like to have something that I could plug my mp3 player into. Any ideas or thoughts on this ??
I did mine with a kenwood deck and boston speakers, the first install I did used some MDF cut for trim and coated in bed liner. I didn't like it so I ripped it out and got a face plate from sierra. The only down side is, at least for mine, you pretty much gotta do a whole new harness (solder it, don't use crimp connectors, trust me) and you lose the cb if so equiped.

Here's what my two installs looked like

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Is it water resistant?
Nope. But I don't know that the factory unit is either, I think that's why there's a key lock to slide it out and store it in the bags.

If I have to ride in the rain (which hasn't happened yet) I'd just leave the face off and put a grocery bag over the trip computer. I honestly wounder if anything on this bike is water proof.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

blackknytecnc wrote:
Is it water resistant?
Nope. But I don't know that the factory unit is either, I think that's why there's a key lock to slide it out and store it in the bags.
The factory radio is not waterproof, but it is water resistant. I had mine on my 86 wet many times here in the Pacific Northwet. :cheesygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I guess I'm just spoiled livin' out here where it never rains :cheesygrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.