Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
I have never, ever, had a problem with security with my yahoo email account.
I have always used very long passwords with it, and change them up if any "noise is heard" like this article you are talking about. I use LastPass to manage my passwords, and I never allow the Browser to 'remember the password'....

This is because I use several laptops, cellphones, and desktops to log into my different websites. With LastPass taking care of my passwords, I never have to remember them.

I have been using Yahoo since around 1990 or so, and the reason I stay with them, is because they are the only email supplier who makes it so easy to use "throw away" email names that are directed to your main inbox....

For Example: say that I sign up with a new scammy sounding vendor by the name of DropDead and they want my email address.

Well, what I do is create a special throw away email name:

JohnCraigSecure-DropDead@yahoo.com

you can create as many of these throw away email names as you want, at one time, I had nearly 500 of them.... if I get spam coming in, I look to see what email name it is directed to, and if that spam comes in and has "DropDead" in the email name, then I just Delete that username and bye bye spam...

As far as this "newly discovered" hacker break-in from 2013, it is most likely totally useless this late in the game... Anyone who was breached would have noticed it within a few days or weeks of it having happened.

I just took a look to see how many of the throw away email address that I still have...

Disposable Addresses (254 of 500 used)

yep, 254 of them are still in effect, and that is after I went thru and deleted at least a 100 of them from different newsletters and things that I signed up to investigate a product, and when I decide that I don't want anything more to do with that product, I delete their special email name.

·
Magic Moderator
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between this and Eqifax I am beginning to wonder. Change the pw again, I just changed it in May of this year.

·
Administrator
24,845 Posts
I quit using yahoo, the account is still active of course, but it was just an email account and the only thing in it was forum notifications. I got tired of their left leaning videos they thought I should have to watch every time I checked my email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.