Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ignore advice on the Technical Forum at your own risk. Both 84 1200I's are barely broken in with 36k on each but I'm betting the belts are vintage too so in spite of the season I gotta do 'em. Did the initial homework but that's always the easy part. I can't find the tutorial for the belt change. Where is it? I'll bookmark it this time. Listings I found for belts were: Gates 5043, Gates T070, Goodyear 40070 and NAPA 250070 (are those Gates too?). I've never done the timing belts. Looks a little tricky but never stopped me before!:shock:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

be careful but don't worry you can do this, main thing is taking plugs out and turning eng. through by hand several times before thring starter to makes sure no valve to piston contact and make sure timing marks line back up.:action::waving:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

HERE is the one in our Reference and FAQ

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for support y'all and sandiegobrass that's the one I read before but couldn't find it thx. it's a great how-to. plainmech I forgot that yes turn by hand first good reminder thx. don't know how soon I can get to it but not being able to ride is very motivating. thx again y'all and hopefully I won't have to post any topic entitled HELLLLLLLP!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.