Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks to every one for the addvice and thanks to UBarW for the carbs. She started and ran with out any adj.:clapper::action:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Yeah Baby! Don't that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling? I cleaned mine last summer........ never underwent such an endevour before. When I was puttin' the carbs back on the bike, I was thinking......"who am kidding, this thing isn't gonna run." I turned on the key, let the bowls fill, and BOOM! She fired right up! I sync'ed the carbs and she still runs like a scalded dog. Still grinnin' like a chesshire cat..........

Good one for you......

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

HappyHappy!!!! That's great to hear! UBarw must be saluted,too! Enjoy that baby!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Great!!!!! Glad you got it going, now when are you gonna meet us at Dreamland for some ribs???:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I sync'ed the carbs and she still runs like a scalded dog.
I keep hearing this. Do the 1200's have a lot more power than the 1100's? Mine is a real dog on the road, probably the slowest bike I've ever owned.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I think there is a difference. I had a 81 standard and 82 Aspy. I've ridden a 84 1200 and now my 85 LTD. I mean its not coming from a Yugo to a Camero type difference but when I get on the throttle on the 85, she goes!!!

There again, my 81 was no dog, it would run when I needed it to. You may need to check your carb sync, run some seafoam in your gas and check plugs and filters.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Do they allow UGA Dawgs @ Dreamland?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Good for you, UBarW. :clapper:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I guess I have my answer on what my prob was last year... it musta been the fuel pump all along...

oh well, I am glad it worked out for everyone. Mike, thanks again for your generosity!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

chris in va wrote:
I sync'ed the carbs and she still runs like a scalded dog.
I keep hearing this. Do the 1200's have a lot more power than the 1100's? Mine is a real dog on the road, probably the slowest bike I've ever owned.
I've had both, and felt the 1100 ran well. Mine was a standard, so it didnt have the weight of the tupperware. Still, I wouldnt call it slow...

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Ihave a ways to go, all the tupperware is at the painter and i am steal looking for some parts.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

You know the recommended carb sync interval is every 8,000 miles, right???

With an interval that is about every-other-oil-change, every owner of a carb'd GL should OWN a sync tool.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Do they allow UGA Dawgs @ Dreamland?
As long as the money's green, they don't care what team you pull for:cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.