Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]When: October 15-16, 2011

[/align]
[align=center]Where: Topaz Lodge Topaz Lake Nevada

[/align]
[align=center]http://www.topazlodge.com/
[/align]
[align=center]Room rates are $76 with AAA or AARP discounts.
[/align]
[align=center]Meeting Place: McDonalds @ Hiway 50 & Latrobe Road4312 Town Center Blvd, El Dorado Hills, CA

KSU 10:00AM sharp[/align]

[align=center]Route: We willride south on Hiway 49 to Angels Camp.[/align]

[align=center]Then we turn east on Hiway 4 thru Arnold, Murphy'sAlpine lake & Markleeville,http://www.scenic4.org/route.html
Then over to Hiway 395, & north to Topaz Nv.
[/align]

[align=center]Return route to be determined
[/align]

[align=center]RSVP to; Redeye16200 remove,nospam,@aol.com[/align]

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Well your Highway 4 pass is open for now..

Your ride looks interesting.............

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

I would recommend a slight alteration to your trip.

Use Murphys Grade Road from Angels Camp to Murphys rather than Hwy 4. More fun.

Any idea as to what time you would be rolling through Angels Camp?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
I would recommend a slight alteration to your trip.

Use Murphys Grade Road from Angels Camp to Murphys rather than Hwy 4. More fun.

Any idea as to what time you would be rolling through Angels Camp?
We will be leaving El Dorado Hills at 10 AM sharp. So I'm thinking Angels Camp is aboutan hours ride, so11:00AM.

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

How many in your group ??

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Won't have a firm number until Saturday morning. But right now, there's 2 going for sure, 2 maybe if the weather is good, 1 if he can get the day off & 3 maybees. So 2 is the number for now.

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

Wish I could make it but gotta check out a sick bike for a friend. Time wise…. figure about 50 minutes from El Dorado Hills to Jackson and then about 40 minutes from Jackson to Angles Camp. Maybe a little bit less or a little more but trying to make it from El Dorado Hills to Angles Camp in 1 hour is stretching it<G>

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

rayworx wrote:
Wish I could make it but gotta check out a sick bike for a friend. Time wise…. figure about 50 minutes from El Dorado Hills to Jackson and then about 40 minutes from Jackson to Angles Camp. Maybe a little bit less or a little more but trying to make it from El Dorado Hills to Angles Camp in 1 hour is stretching it<G>
Sorry to hear you can't make it Ray. Looking at map-quest is't only an inch from El Dorado hills to Angels Camp. I'm sure we can ride an inch in one hour.

BTW the weather on Saturday is going to be 78 degrees with clear skies.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
rayworx wrote:
Sorry to hear you can't make it Ray. Looking at map-quest is't only an inch from El Dorado hills to Angels Camp. I'm sure we can ride an inch in one hour.

BTW the weather on Saturday is going to be 78 degrees with clear skies.
You are right Ray. Map Quest puts it at 60 miles from El Dorado Hills to Angels Camp & 1hr 21min driving time

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

How did the ride go? How many went? Pictures?????

You know…. inquiring minds want to know

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

rayworx wrote:
How did the ride go? How many went? Pictures?????

You know…. inquiring minds want to know

We had 4 show on 3 Goldwings & 1 Honda Shadow. All the bikes ran flawlessly. This was my first time over Ebbettts Pass (8400 elevation)& all I can say, it is narrow & STEEP. The sign said 24 degree grade ahead and it was all of that. We lunched in Markleeville & then off & over Monitor Pass to the Topaz Lodge for the night. I think we were a week early for the maximium fall colors as most of the trees were just starting to turn.

Our return trip was over Sonora Pass (9640' elevation). This road issteeper, (26* grade)as Ebbetts Pass but not as narrow. A little cooler too.

About pics, my wife has to still unload the camera to the computer. Stay tuned

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Would have liked to made the trip with you but didn't have the time to spend the night.. 3 of us did the trip on that Saturday from Sonora to Walker on the 395 for a Burger and then over Monitor Pass and home Hwy 4 ,Ebbetts Pass..........

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.