Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday I retired from Boeing after 42 years, 11 months and 16 days. Over the years I always liked to say: "you can do anything you want on your last day at work." I thought about what to do that would be remarkable, so I decided to run my GL1200 through the hangar. While I was at it why not record it with the GoPro. I think it came out pretty good.

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
Congrats on your retirement and enjoy life. :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Way to go Jim. congratulations on the retirement. I know you have earned it.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
Congratulations, you might feel lost for a while but soon you will be over it and wondering why you hadn't done this earlier

·
Premium Member
60,060 Posts
Congratulation
Nothing like burning a few bridges on you way out........

·
Premium Member
64,346 Posts
Congratulations with your retirement. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Friday I retired from Boeing after 42 years, 11 months and 16 days. Over the years I always liked to say: "you can do anything you want on your last day at work." I thought about what to do that would be remarkable, so I decided to run my GL1200 through the hangar. While I was at it why not record it with the GoPro. I think it came out pretty good.

That my friend is awesome!
Happy retirement sir.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great idea and well done. A little burnout along there somewhere would have been nice or a figure eight in and out of some landing gear.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Accidentally got to this since I don't read fun forum.
Congratulation! Great career

Your windshield is so clear that it took me awhile to see it

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
897 Posts
James, what division did you work in? - My brother is in final assembly management..

·
Registered
13 Posts
and that didn't put the company contract at risk for some kind of safety violation? or put other peoples job at risk?

·
DelawareRider
4 Posts
You beat me. I retired from Boeing after only 41 years+ (not counting the months and days) in June 2019.
That was a real Go4Zero ride... ha!

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
James, what division did you work in? - My brother is in final assembly management..
WR, I finished in Experimental Flight Test. Over. The years i might have crossed paths with your brother.
and that didn't put the company contract at risk for some kind of safety violation? or put other peoples job at risk?
This was not a OSHA safety violation. I rode on a vehicle transportation lane. It was blocked off because the test 777-9 was in it. Before I rode through it, I walked to make sure the was adequate clearance.
You beat me. I retired from Boeing after only 41 years+ (not counting the months and days) in June 2019.
That was a real Go4Zero ride... ha!
41+ years is a good run. Something to be proud of. Good for go for Go4Zero, there is nothing in the company safety manual that says you cannot ride a motorcycle through the hangar. I heard it caused quite a stir in the shop. One of the general superintendents was reported to have said now everybody will be doing stupid stuff on their last day :)

·
Premium Member
60,060 Posts
I love it, you set a Landmark on your way out........

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When I got sacked from Wall Mart, for telling my customers that,
Riding 3 was better than 2,
I showed them what I meant, in their car lot. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts