Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

I Found this website last week, And I love it. Expecially since I got a 77 gl1000 last fall, The bikes been sitting for about 8 years, Kinda a mess, But it's getting better, But the information that you guys give are great,

I'm a car mechanic by profession, I just got into bikesFour years ago, It all started when my uncle gave me his 75 yamaha rd125, since then I've had 8 bikes. It's just something to putz with, Here's a list of the bikes Bought and fixed up.

75 yamaha rd125 Fun little bike (sold)

79 honda cb750f super sport still got her(great shape)

79 honda cm400t my dads riding this one

78 kaw kz650sr Fast bike (sold)

79 susuki gs550e sold

79 kaw kz650 sold

77 gl1000 Work in progress, I think she's a keeper, by the time I'm done I'll never get my money back out of her anyway

80 cb650 custom Just picked her up, Think she might be a keeper too

Well I just wanted to thank you guys for all the help, THIS SITE ROCKS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

A friend had a 80- CB 650 C, little brother to my CB 900 C. I think Honda's early Customs were some of the prettiest designs to hit the streets from Japan, but that was 25 years ago----- Rose colored hind-sight.

Glad you like the forum; these guys are the best, talk about helpful.....

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have to decide which bike to get rid of, The 79 supersport, or the 80 custom, Really like both styles, The supersport is a neat bike and you don't see to many around, The custom well there's plenty of them around but I'd say the customs a more comfortable ride, But a little less power, Ah decisions decisions but I could use the room.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Here's my supersport

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Nice bikes "Gearhead" plus you have a nice looking workshop there, give ya some where to go have fun in the Winter !

Keep both of them, what the heck !

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Gearhead76 :waving: Nice place you got there and some nice toys. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It's just a two and a half car garage, but it works, just gotta convince the wife to park outside( ha ha ya right) Put I got an oldOil burnerheater keeps it pretty warm in the winter, It's someplace to go hide from the wife and kids.

Some year when I'm rich I'll add on to the back of the garage, a nice work shop, I just like taking old junk bikes sitting in peoples garage, and shining them up, The most expensive bike I've every bought was the 79 supersport and that cost me $500.00, but I see them go on Ebay for $1500.00 So not a bad investment, Thank god for Ebay great place for parts for these old bikes, Dealers don't like bikes over 20 years old,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.