Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Ouch!!:shock: Wonder what would have happened if he'd have been on a Wing? Likely the turkey would have hit the windshield but what from there is hard to say. I'm thinking the windshield would have flexed back or broke offand the turkey would have hit the guy in the face instead of the chest, but he would not so easily fly off the back of a dressed Wing.

John

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm still stuck on the thought of the turkey flying!!!!!!!! That would be like getting hit with a bowling ball!!

:)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yeah, probably knocked the wind out of him as well as knocking him off his bike. :shock:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

I didn't feel to good either :shock:....the "first" time Wild Turkey hit me ! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

That happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. The turkey flew into him at a side angle and hit him in the helmet knocking him off the motorcycle. He was running about 55 at the time and he was dressed for the fall and did not get hurt except a bruise on his chest from falling on his cell phone which was in his shirt pocket.

The Wing did not fare as well. It was totaled.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

BlueWinger wrote:
I didn't feel to good either :shock:....the "first" time Wild Turkey hit me ! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

Did it knock you for a loop? Hope you were wearing your helmet :cheeky1:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I'd be looking for a turkey dinner when I got out of the emergency room!!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

Well it was a wild turkey ok, it was his riding bro's fault for tossing the bottle at him when it was empty.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Co-workers had a turkey bust through the windshield into the cab of a two ton work truck with them. That is a lot of mass to hit at highway speeds. That bike rider is lucky to have got off so easy! I'm not so sure a Wing's plexiglass winshield would slow a turkey down much.

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Stupid turkey knocked the mirror off The Hag's minivan a while back. Like hitting a rock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.