·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Bummer.

We saw an airplane fly thru the Gateway Arch in St. Louis one morning years ago. That was back in the days when it was considered an illegal thing to do but not one that required SAM missiles like today. We were crossing the river and our kids said "look, that plane is going to fly thru the Arch" and it did. Saw a story about it on the evening news.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
"Sheriff's Lt. Kim Neal tells The Salt Lake Tribune the length of rope from the arch was miscalculated and sent Stocking swinging into the ground as he went under the red sandstone formation."

I'm guessing he didn't do well in Math class.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
There seems to be a lot of attitude today that "If someone else can do it I can do it." Sometimes with a lot of preparation, difficult things can appear easy.
I don't know if that's a factor here but I think I would have tried the trick with a sandbag before going myself.
Condolences to the family and friends.

·
Premium Member
58,958 Posts
looks like fun

·
1,566 Posts
"Sheriff's Lt. Kim Neal tells The Salt Lake Tribune the length of rope from the arch was miscalculated and sent Stocking swinging into the ground as he went under the red sandstone formation."

I'm guessing he didn't do well in Math class.
Anyone send this to The Darwin Awards yet?

As Jeff Foxworthy would say: If you turn to your friend and say 'Hey Bubba!! Hold my beer and watch this!' Then jump off a rock arch with a rope that's two feet too long, you might be a redneck. A dead redneck, but still a redneck.

As Bill Engvall would say: Here's your sign.

As Ron White would say: You can't fix stupid.

As Larry the Cable Guy would say: Is it my turn yet?

As I would say:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
It would be a great Yahoo! to do the big swing, one that cleared the ground, not one of the half swings. Some things just need to be done. I've flown under a couple bridges but never had aerobatic aircraft like a friend of mine who flew under a bridge inverted. He claimed he could judge his altitude better that way.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Maybe through enough attempts, Natural Selection will cause a better command of mathematics and measurement amongst future generations?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.