Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You remember that ad? The one that ran, I think it was 1963?

Marco (axelwik) made a run from Ashland to Cottage Grove. We met, and had lunch. I am looking forward to getting down to Ashland and seeing his area.

It makes me wonder, all the people that frequent this board. How many of you have met each other? I think I saw 6 in Oregon. We ought to schedule a get together somewhere in the middle...

Hope you had a dry ride home, Marco. Safe, too.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I know what you mean. I have seen two or three posters in towns I actually visit on my job. I am looking forward to making a connection and visiting.

I also dream of the day when I can arrive in Ireland to meet those members as well. And I want to pet Shep and tell him how sorry I am that he does not have a nice trailer!!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah ! that would be a great idea. :clapper: I think all you guysfrom the states, Canada, and all the other nationalities :jumper:who are members of this great forum should arrange a once off trip to Ireland :weightlifter:Dont worry Brojees Shep will soon have his own trailer. :skipping:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Can we all stay at your house, Redwing???:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
You remember that ad? The one that ran, I think it was 1963?

Marco (axelwik) made a run from Ashland to Cottage Grove. We met, and had lunch. I am looking forward to getting down to Ashland and seeing his area.

It makes me wonder, all the people that frequent this board. How many of you have met each other? I think I saw 6 in Oregon. We ought to schedule a get together somewhere in the middle...

Hope you had a dry ride home, Marco. Safe, too.
Thanks a bunch... It was really nice meeting you yesterday and I hope we can do some more riding together. That Mexican restaurant was great!

I think it would benice for us Oregon Wingers to get together sometime - maybe to do a weekend camp-out this summer.

You're certainly welcome to come down here anytime... there's some GREAT riding with absolutely stunning scenery here -only minutes from the house. Northern California is also a 20-minute ride from the house.Very nice riding there too.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Say Marco, how'd that slipstreamer do for ya? I hope it met your expectations...

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Say Marco, how'd that slipstreamer do for ya? I hope it met your expectations...
It deflects the wind, bugs, and rain... so I'm pretty happy. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Can we all stay at your house, Redwing???:clapper::clapper::clapper:
I think my neighbour would be able to put up a few of the members. :clapper:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Thank God you have that nieghbor, lol !

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

The Windshield looks good "axlewik" !

I'd find a way to seal off the space between the headlight and shield so the wind doesn't try to lift your helmet off ya !

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Axelwik the sheild looks good, better then fairings, I put a smaller sheild on my hope it deflects good enough, But hey for $10 I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
The Windshield looks good "axlewik" !

I'd find a way to seal off the space between the headlight and shield so the wind doesn't try to lift your helmet off ya !
Already tested to 90MPH+ and it's just fine. It's like having an air vent to keep me a little cooler in the summer.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Already tested to 90MPH+ and it's just fine. It's like having an air vent to keep me a little cooler in the summer.
Yeah, but 90+how much? 5? 25?;)

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Gearhead76 wrote:
Axelwik the sheild looks good, better then fairings, I put a smaller sheild on my hope it deflects good enough, But hey for $10 I can't complain.
The only thing with shields is that ifthey're too low you'll get a lot of buffeting on your helmet, too high and you won't be able to see overthem in the rain, especiallyat night. A very small shield is okay because it protects your body, but your helmet isn't getting buffeted. However, your head/helmetis exposed to all the bugs, road debris, and rain.

A full fairing with the right size windshield is the ultimate in comfort, but adds weight and complication.And they're easy todamage if the bike is ever laid down.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Yeah, but 90+how much? 5? 25?;)
I didn't look at the speedo after that... don't know. It was justified - I was trying to put some flakey cage drivers behind me... funny how they drive in clusters here - and block the passing lane for miles.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, nothing like a bug splattered windshield and heavy rain! I ran into a real heavy downpour on I-5 today, tried pulling up the windshield, couldn't see well enough through it, pushed it all the way down, that was much better. Actually got less rain in my face with it down. Man, I gotta get me a helmet with a flip-up face shield. I tried a snap on shield on my 3/4 helmet but had to yank it off on a mountain road when it fogged up. I needed both hands for the business at hand so just pitched the face shield. Oh, well it was cheap, no big loss.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Already tested to 90MPH+ and it's just fine.
Hey axelwik :crying:Slow doowwwnnnnnn. :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Already tested to 90MPH+ and it's just fine.
Hey axelwik :crying:Slow doowwwnnnnnn. :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

A short burst of speed every once-in-awhile isn't going to hurt anything as long as its done in a safe mannerunder safe conditions. The bike has to be in topshape too. I know there is a risk, but I can certainly decide for myself weather to take it or not. I certainly don't do it when it's raining, there's a lot of traffic, or conditions are otherwise not right.

When I lived in Germany (for twelve years), I lived an hour from work and usedtheir freeway system every day (they call them autobahns). 100MPH or moreis not an uncommon speedon the portions where there is no speed limit (yes, contrary to popular belief there are portions of the autobahn system that have speed limits - usually near cities, or where there's a lot of congestion, or other factors). I drove a large Mercedes and it was nothing to cruise at over 100MPH. When I did ride a bike over there my average was slower, but my average is also slower here on a bike. I did ocassionaly see the consequences of high-speed wrecks and it was not a pretty sight... it certainly gave me a healthy respect for the consequences of speed.

However, I understand where you're coming from, since 90MPH would seem very fastfor aHonda 50!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey axelwik :waving: No excuses please. :crying:Stick to the speed limits if there are any in the US. :stumped:

:skipping::18red::skipping:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.