Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
30* is a bit chilly to go riding, as is 44* for me right now.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well John, you won't ride in the summer because it's too hot and now it's too cold in the winter...

I saw a little motorcycle ride in the kiddie arcade. How does that sound to you?

Room temperature and no traffic. >:)
Right up my alley Dennis >:)

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
It has actually been in the 20's. When I rode to work yesterday morning the bike's thermometer kept fluctuating between 26 and 28. Lots of fog. I drove today.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
No flu shots here, I just keep a couple cans of Chicken Noodle soup on the shelf

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had a full can of Campbells Chicken Noodle soup for lunch today..

I am about a week into a cold, my chest hurts from all of the coughing.

taking all the common things,
Equates "Nyquil" at night,
Guafenesin ( Mucus Relief )
Benedryl

I also use 3% Sodium Simply Saline as a nose spray and throat spray.
the salt helps to break up the phlegm and let you get it out.

no fevers, but I go thru the chills every once in a while, put on a fuzzy soft jacket, and fall asleep in the recliner.... wake up sweating, so take off the jacket and the fuzzy blanket that covers the whole chair.....

then the cycle repeats. argh!!!
Been here in Oologah, OK since Oct 2011 and this is the first cold that I have experienced up here.

I usually don't come down with colds...

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
The only "Chicken Noodle Soup" that works is that made from scratch by your mother.

All others are just pale imitations!

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,083 Posts
should I ask what you use those rubbers for? :ROFL:
Don't be silly, rubbers are to keep your feet dry. It rains a lot in Seattle.

·
Premium Member
60,104 Posts
Vick's, that's the Chicken Noodle soup back up

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
Down in to the teens at night later this week, and possible rain during the day.

Time to drive the Bronco to work. After I replace the axle seal tomorrow...

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Woke the last two mornings hearing my heart rate in my right ear.
I have had Tinnitus most of my life, I have noises that never go away, several different pitches all the time. Very aggravating.

Anyway, just now getting over a chest cold, no flu symptoms thank goodness.

The thumping in my right ear is a bit aggravating and yesterday it went away after a bit.
So far this morning, it is less prevalent, maybe because I got out of bed and walked a trifle bit.

Going to have to stop all of the caffeine sources... that crap is in almost all of the good foods that we enjoy, can you say CHOCOLATE?

a bit of look larnin from the internet says to take deeper breaths, so am doing that....
maybe it helped, mostly though, can't tell the difference.

Cynthia just finished washing our bedding. Trying to get rid of the hold over germs from our colds... she was sick about 3 or 4 weeks before I caught it, then I got it pretty bad....

Ready to be done with that crap though.... gets a bit warmer, I am taking the dog for a walk, temp is 52* right now, so a few hours it should be nicer. Foggy right now, can't see very far.

Well, that's today's sitrep.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts