Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys and gals,

My wife wants me to get a hot weather riding jacket, perhaps a mesh or something with good venting that would have a little protection in the elbows and shoulders.

She has started to ride with me more often, but neither she nor I have anything for hot weather. I have been using long sleeve T shirts because they are light and cool, but they do not have any protection. She would like to get something for herself as well.

What do you recommend for hot weather riding ? We are planning a 1,500 trip this summer.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The new mesh jackets and riding pants are good. On hot days they actually keep you cooler and if the day is really hot a T-shirt under the jacket soaked in water will keep you cool for about one hour.

Most of the quality jackets of various brand names have good armor in the shoulders, elbows and back.

Motorcyclesuperstore has about a hundred of them to select from, all of them about the same, just have different features like pockets, neck or sleeve design, with a summer mesh jacket you want a loose fitting zippered sleeve so it goes over the gloves, not under them, for summer.

In the last two years they have really came out with some really good summer mesh jackets.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

What Kit said ;). I would never ride without my gear - ever. It only takes once to wreck you for life. If or when my once happens - I'll be dressed for it.

I rode last year in the mountains in blazing heat with another couple who didn't have mash gear. They shed their leathers and ended up burnt to a crisp while my mesh gear kept me cool, comfortable and protected from the sun.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

I'm really happy with the Fox Titan Armored underwear. Which, unfortunately, is no longer in production. Even so, I am looking at some other types of under armor. Like Air Bodyguard Adventure Shorts. I like the concept, because it allows me to wear what ever I want over it. How 'cool' that actually is, I'm not sure. I do know most of the chaps, riding pants and jackets are just to hot. I'll wear them, unless the heat get to be to much.

Any way, this is the direction I am headed in.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

yep,mesh gear is the best answer and on hot days there are vests that you wet and use the evaporation to help keep u kool.but they only cool when moving, so the water evaporates. Can be uncomfortable in stalled traffic on a hot day.
There are even some 1 piece mesh gear suits. Tierz, motorsports makes a nice 1 piece, and with a zip in waterproof liner, or rainsuit and a insulated liner, it covers a lot different riding conditions while still giving protection

·
Premium Member
61,466 Posts
imported post

Joe Boxers

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
imported post

I LOVE MY FIRST GEAR MESH JACKET AND I ALSO HAVE A FIRST GEAR KILAMAJARO JACKET FOR COLDER WEATHER, FIRST GEAR IS ONE OF ONLY A FEW COMPANYS THAT SELL TALL MANS JACKETS

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I have to be honest,I wear short sleeve shirts,sneakers,but I do wear my helmet.I know this is not proper riding apparel but yes this is what I wear in hot weather..

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Last summer when it got to hot for the leather jacket I would just wear a short sleeve shirt, I never really felt safe.
So I just got the tourmaster Intake Air Mesh jacket. I haven't rode it hot weather yet I just got it Wednesday. With the liners out you can really feel the wind on the arms so I'm sure it is going to be great. It also has a rain liner and a insulated liner and the armor on the elbows and shoulders and padding along the back. So far I love the jacket good quality fits well and a lot of good features.
Did a lot of research and heard a lot of good things about the mesh jackets.
:action::action::action:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

See that Firstgear mesh jacket on the floor?It survived a sliding "off " from a 55-60mph deer collision, without a single rip or tear (paramedics cut it off me!) .... the kevlar jeans didn't have any holes in them either, but I had an impact laceration on my knee that I don't think I would have suffered if I had been wearing armor......

I think armored mesh jackets and pants, with a tightly rolled and packed windproof and waterproof outer layer -- Goretex maybe -- would be the ultimate in protection and compactibility.... I'm seriously thinking of doing that..... I've replaced already the mesh jacket, looking for mesh pants. And I plan on wearing gel-padded bicycle shorts underneath!If the cut-off blue jean jacket, fashion police point and laugh, screw 'em! I'll still visit them in the hospital!

:cheeky1:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.