Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know beauty is different to every one but I just can't imagine doing this to a Gold Wing, Sorry, Your thoughts may vary.
$27,800

• About This Vehicle
    • Driven 19,000 miles
    • Exterior color: Other
    • Fuel type: Gasoline

·
Administrator
22,056 Posts
That is definitely a matter of taste and it doesn't appeal to mine. However...

I find the chrome, bobbles and accessories most people load their 'Wings down with, far more offensive, so...

It's always matter of taste.

·
Administrator
24,997 Posts
I would be sure to have a full face helmet on when riding it.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure the person has a lot of time and money in that paint job, but it makes harder to sell, you have to find that special person that likes it also.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Looks like a "Teenage Mutant Something". Other than that, I don't care for it...

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
Actually looking at this trike, its just an expensive paint job or wrap graphic that can be changed, its not like someone mangled a perfectly good Goldwing into a cafe racer, chopper or some other odd-ball bike. This can be reversed the other 3 not as easy to restore to original. JMHO

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I look at it as a show bike or show off bike, then it's good to go. It's an expensive expression, fun, whatever. If you have the cash and it floats your boat, more power to ya. It's not a bike that would be in my stable and definitely not a daily rider for me. My '87 has the scars and stuff that create a different kind of beauty. Otherwise, why not? As has been said, it's easily 'fixed' (lol) since the frame, etc. looks unmolested. Owner must have a healthy bank account.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
If it's just paint

then that's not as bad as those who turn the early GLs into "bobbers." Cutting frames and other very hard to replace stock parts. What the blank is a bobber anyway. I remember bikes 50+ years back, to the Honda 50 and never observed these strange styles back in the day.

Why do people tend to screw up good things? It's like those today who want to erase history. Cause it's not up to their own self-conceived, elevated level of their own opinion. OALAH

Even the paint would be hard to get back to stock, pin stripping and all. If it's now for sale, then this artist wasn't satisfied with their product either! It happens everyday. People spend thousands and then; "I'm so busy and don't have time to ride anymore!" BS! Lucky to get $8K on this eyesore.

Oh, almost forgot to mention. A trike is NOT a bike!!! If you cannot hold up a bike, get a sportscar with a ragtop or any Can-Am Spyder is more a bike than a trike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts