Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Did I miss something in the ad Greg? I'm betting that beauty has been treated with the utmost of care and would be pretty much maintenance free. :)

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

it sure is the cleanest one ive seen .

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

miles.from.nowhere wrote:
Did I miss something in the ad Greg? I'm betting that beauty has been treated with the utmost of care and would be pretty much maintenance free. :)
You didn't miss anything. It's just that I know with older bikes there is maintenance involved and parts are obviously hard to find as well.

What a gorgeous bike though.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Whoever owned that one was very proud of it and took exceptional care of it. That is a very neat bike. Kit

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Dat's purdy...

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

That is truly a work of art...Even my wife, who hates motorcycles and Goldwings in general, thought that the bike was gorgeous...What it would take to get a bike into that kind of shape???... I couldn't even imagine...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

That is a gorgeous bike. And some of the bits have been gold plated! :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

That's a good looking bike however, it needs to be blue:goofygrin:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

2wings wrote:

My dad had a friend who had a blue '78 with gold shiny bits. Paid a ton to have the Vetter bags, trunk and fairing painted to match, and I'll agree, it could not have been more perfect looking.

Mike

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That is just beautiful!!! Wrongway, I can't believe you aren't all over that like flies over s......!!!

Never mind the wrenching issues, Mrs Wrongway struck me as being very headstrong and capable and could soon learn the necessaries!!!!!!:cooldevil:

Someone should rush down and bite this guys hand off, I know I would if I were the right side of the Pond, somehow I would make it happen. :clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Very,very nice. Looks like he did a little gold plating himself or had it done. I've never seen some of those pieces in gold plate avilable.JR

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

If I was rich instead of so damn good looking I'd be buying it for sure but alas.........isn't gonna happen. :(

I just wanted to share it because after seeing so many classic wings in Calhoun it got me to thinking how cool it would be to own one and hoped others may like to see it.:)

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

That is really a super nice Wing..That little bit of Gold sets it off....Hummmm wonder if the boss would let me get mine Gold plated???? nawwwww ..

Claude....

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
imported post

Only 4 hours away from me! ROAD TRIP! If I only had a passport....Any special paperwork needed if you buy a vehicle in Canada and transport it back to the states?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

JimInMichigan wrote:
Only 4 hours away from me! ROAD TRIP! If I only had a passport....Any special paperwork needed if you buy a vehicle in Canada and transport it back to the states?
No Jim, there isn't if it's over 10 years old and for personal use. All you have to do is register it as an import and you can do that on your side of the Ambassador Bridge!

Been there done that! Lived in Windsor...on the OTHER side of the Bridge:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wrongway wrote:
If I was rich instead of so damn good looking I'd be buying it for sure but alas.........isn't gonna happen. :(

I just wanted to share it because after seeing so many classic wings in Calhoun it got me to thinking how cool it would be to own one and hoped others may like to see it.:)
Well I too got all nostalgic seeing the old Wings at Calhoun and the great condition some of them were in, that I have gone out and paid a deposit on one, so I am sure you wouldn't have to let your good looks interfere with your desires Greg.

The only question would be..... could you find it!!!!!:baffled::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

cbltech59 wrote:
2wings wrote:

ALL Wings should be BLUE!
As much as I've made it clear that I love blue, including my sig, I have to say that there is just something about black and gold together that looks rich. My Midnight Special 1100 that came from the factory black and gold was gorgeous. I think that combo on this GL1000 makes it one of the best looking 1000's I've seen. :clapper: I haven't seen a blue and gold one though, so maybe that would change my mind. ;)

John

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.