Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Everytime I'm ready to buy a GPS I need new tires. (Guess the maps are still working)
So if I can hold onto the cash long enough, I might as well buy the newest with the mostest. Anyone have feedback on the ZUMO especially with all the extras(XM,Bluetooth etc) Oh! How and where did you mount it?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Rich, I am afraid I don't know of the GPS that you ask about, but I can recommend Ram Mounts for the fitting of a GPS. If they don't do one specifically for your Zumo one, they do a universal mount that will hold it just fine, I would think. They attatch to the handlebar, left or right side, by giving you extended bolts to mount on the control fixings. If you google Rammounts, you will see the ones for motorcycles and then specifically Goldwings. Hope this is of some little help and I hope someone can give you an opinion on the Zumo.

·
Administrator
57,467 Posts
imported post

I read a report on the Zumo in another bike thread somewhere. The author of that article suggested that it not a good unit for folks that like to ride bikes. He critized a lack of features, etc... He wanted more detail on the road maps and trip meters.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

Try the Magellan 2000T It is on sale at Crutchfield.com for $399.... it is waterproof, recomended for motorcycles, has text to speech (tells you when to turn and onto what st. ) keeps track of your speed , length of trip etc and plays music, pictures and can even download traffic problem software.

RAM mounts is the way to go as I recently found out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.