Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an '03 1800. I'm thinging about the Zumo 550 and doing a search it seems all posting are fairly old. Now that they've been out longer I'm hoping for more input. For those that have them, do you like them? Do the mounts that come with them mount well on 1800's? I know they're bluetooth but can you input a standard cell phone to the Zumo and input the 550 into the aux plug of the 1800's radio and recieve all inputs (GPS, cell phone and XM radio) through a wired J & M headset? Any other comments will be greatly appreciated.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can't help with the Zumo but am very satisfied with my Magellan 2200T.It's rainproof, comes with the US and Canadian detail maps loaded, has a MP3 player that plays from an SD card that can be inserted, and has a headset output that could be plugged into an MP3 input.

It doesn't have the bluetooth interface but the next model up does. I just finished a 4000 mile road trip using my 2200T and was very happy with it's operation. The best part is that is costs less than $300. I modified the bracket that came with it to attach it to my bike which worked out very well. You can also adapt a RAM mount to it.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi ,yes the ZUMO is excellent ,you can wire it through the AUX and you will get everything through on the bluetooth ,,only one problem ,,the cell phone (.must have bluetooth ).Unless you run a seperate cable for the mic up to your helmet you will not be able to speak to the person on the other end .

There is an interface available from Kennedy to do this job ,so you can use it through your headsets,,Hope this helps ,

PS I would go with a ram mount to mount it on ,much more secure ..cheers Ciaran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.