Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

thanks everone I got it all installed with the ram mount I just wanted be careful you understand the bike is my baby , all I need to do now is get the gps sound to work when the radio is on its either radio sound I get or gps sound when its on AUX Only but I cant get both to work I,ll see a dealer tomorrow ? thanks all Rich

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

If you want you audio from your GPS to also be heard on your headset or through your speakers while listening to the radio I think you will need to adapt it to your intercom. I have never seen a cable to do this but I made my own. I took an intercom cable and put a 3.5 mm stereo plug on the end of it and wired it into the the mic input wires.

You need a Y cable so you can connect your intercom cable from your helmet and the adapter cable. This allows the GPS (or in my case it was a CB) to come through the intercom like thee passenger is talking.

here is a Y cable http://www.airrider.com/product-p/03-04-23.htm

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

that sounds really great to me BUT I dont follow how or what your meaning I am not a brainer like you sound Like you are ? if you can make a connection and tell me how it works or how to plug it in I,ll just buy it from you on pay pal or send you a check ? thanks Rich

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Something similar to this is what I was talking about. Whether from here or Kennedy or others, you will need this type of cable set up to allow all functions of the bike and the GPS to work as intended.

You will also need an adapter for the Garmin to plug in the cable.

J&M GL1800 Accessory Phone/GPS/Radar Intergration SUPER SALE - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

This is Not..........Not the one you need, they most likey have it but you would have to call them , Kennedy for sure has it, but you will need a cable set to get it all to work.

Sorry, that is what I meant by sneak up on you with the price.

Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.