Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Zumo 665 to mount on my 2003 - 1800. I want to mount it on the left side of the handle bar. I have heard there my be problems with the antenna receptions due to location on the bike. Also, can I wire in the audio & microphone from the Zumo into the audio system on my 1800?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I have my 665 mounted on a Texelent Bar in the center of the bar and the XM antenna is about 6" to the left of it on the bar as well and I have no issues... Follow the manufacturers instructions on separation and you should be OK... Sorry for no photo but I'm on my tablet in Daytona and haven't figured out how to do that yet...

Your aux lead from the bike should be plugged into the Zumo audio lead and doing so will enable you to hear the Zumo output on speakers or headsets...

To use your boom mic with a Bluetooth enabled phone, you will need a mic splitter cable from Edsets or other similar sources... The splitter cable will plug in between your headset cable and the bike harness and also plug into the Zumo mic connector...

Les

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.