Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Retired Nuclear Engineer
2006 GL1800 Comfort/Navi
10 Posts
Here we go! I've attached a pdf that explains the steps to change the back light in the LCD screens that are under discussion. Lots of photos along with the narrative. I'm happy to field any questions, too. And John, if you want to put this somewhere else for folks to find it more easily, please do. Safe travels!

Attachments

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Retired Nuclear Engineer
2006 GL1800 Comfort/Navi
10 Posts
Don't buy from Tannin Auto Electronics. I ordered a screen that turned out to be faulty. It blew two logic boards and they would not warrantee the screen or reimburse me for blown logic boards which are unobtainable. Just a warning.
Are you still looking for a logic board? I have one.

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,757 Posts
Here we go! I've attached a pdf that explains the steps to change the back light in the LCD screens that are under discussion. Lots of photos along with the narrative. I'm happy to field any questions, too. And John, if you want to put this somewhere else for folks to find it more easily, please do. Safe travels!
that is an Awesome PDF, and it is obvious that you have a lot of experience working on these things in your Avionics avocation.

I don't think I will move this, it will just be Bookmarked for future Reference on how to repair the screen.

the complete thread is needed to put it all into perspective anyway, especially as to where to get the needed parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying. The backlight is not in any instructions I have ever seen. Being a former AF avionics tech, I'm not afraid to tear into things, so that's how I embarked on swapping out the back light. I do have an extra LCD screen, so I'll try to put together a PDF how-to in the next few days to help out. So keep your eyes out for it to show up!
If you could put that together this thread would be complete. Thanks,

41 - 45 of 45 Posts